Murder in Abuja school

How security guard killed 14-month-old baby, nurse

From Molly Kilete, Abuja

A security guard employed to protect Clear Hope School, Dawaki, Abuja, has confessed on how he and his friend strangled and killed a 55-year- old nurse and a 14-month-old baby in the school.

The suspect, David, said the nurse was lured into a trap under the guise of checking a plumbing issue in one of the school toilets from where she was strangled with a rope tied to her neck. The suspect, now in police custody, also recounted how they collected a ransom of N3 million from the family to free them even after killing them.

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1718806029429-0’); });

He said he was lured into the gruesome act by his friend, Sunday, now at large. He admitted the nurse was nice to him as she gave him money to buy food on a daily basis. She even gave him money to buy food on the day he killed her.

Paraded by the FCT Police Command, David said: “What brought me here is that I killed a child and a nurse in Clear Hope School on July 23. My friend and I demanded N250 million ransom. We later settled for N3 million which we collected.

“When we collected the money and were sharing it, that was when we had an issue. In the process, my friend stabbed me with a knife, took the money and ran away. I struggled and took myself to someone’s house and told the person what was going on.

$(document).ready(function(){(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({})});

“But I didn’t tell the full truth at that time. I was afraid the community might kill me immediately. I insisted on seeing the police so they could take me to the hospital and I could explain the whole story properly.

“The man told me to wait while he called the police. When the police came, they took me to the hospital. After I received treatment, they began to ask me what happened. I narrated the whole story from the beginning.

“The school nurse was lured into a trap. I went to call her from her class, while Sunday was hiding in the toilet. I told her I wanted to show her something near the front toilet where Sunday was hiding. As we were going, he came out from behind and held the woman. He put a rope around her neck and started strangling her. She struggled but eventually became weak.

“Then he told me to run and bring the baby so we could also kill the baby. I said no, that the woman alone was enough. He insisted, saying that if we didn’t bring the baby, the ransom we demanded wouldn’t be enough. So, I went and brought the baby.

“I never did such a thing before. This was the first time someone pushed me into any evil act.

“There was no relationship with the woman. The woman was nice to me. In fact, that very day that we killed her, she gave me N300 to buy food. She had been giving me money to eat even before then.”

$(document).ready(function(){(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({})});

Zachariah Fiyinfoluwa, a representative of the security company that employed David told police: “I don’t know anybody called Sunday. The person we posted to the school is David.”

He however, admitted that the company failed to properly document David’s employment, including failing to keep his guarantor’s information: “For us not to keep the record, I accept that it’s our fault. Supervisors are supposed to routinely visit deployment sites.” He did not confirm if such oversight occurred at Claire Hope School.

FCT Commissioner of Police, Ajao Adewale, said: “On July 23, 2025, the FCT Police Command received a distress report concerning the sudden disappearance of Mrs. Chinyere Anaene, a 55-year-old school nurse and caregiver at Clear Hope Foundation Academy, Dawaki, Abuja, and a toddler identified as Nanenter Asher Yese, aged one year and two months.

“On the same day, the husband of the caregiver received a call on the caregiver’s mobile phone wherein unidentified individuals demanded a ransom of N250 million for their release.

“David admitted that the duo lured the caregiver into a school bathroom, killed her and later strangled the toddler. Their bodies were stuffed into a sack and dumped in a canal using a scavenger’s truck.

“Despite having killed the victims, they still demanded N3 million from the family under the pretence that the victims were alive.

$(document).ready(function(){(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({})});

“In the course of our investigation, the police also arrested the school principal, two additional security guards who were meant to be on duty with David and the Chief Security Officer of the private security company responsible for deploying the guards to the school.”

The post Murder in Abuja school appeared first on The Sun Nigeria.